The Service Manager is responsible for the customer-focused and efficient operation of the dealership's service department. The service manager will operate the department at maximum production, controlling costs, building a loyal clientele, maintaining good employee relationships, setting and obtaining sales objectives and maintaining service records.
The Service Manager is responsible for ensuring a customer experience that meets or exceeds expectations and monitoring and improving customer satisfaction when needed.
The service manager also carries out this responsibility by building customer relationships, creating a good work environment and properly managing the assets of the department.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, Technicians, Parts Associates, and Managers.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
• Assist all service and sales personnel in all phases of their job descriptions
• Properly document employee behavior that may result in punitive job actions such as termination
• Report to management any circumstances that compromise the integrity of the dealership
• Work with the parts department as appropriate to ensure proper stocking of high use parts
• Collect accounts receivable for service work
• Obtain competitive bids on all tools, equipment, sublet repairs, supplies, ect…
• Ensure that service department employees follow safety policies and practices and that they report any and all accidents immediately
• Ensure that all required technical publications, periodicals, bulletins, ect… are obtained, kept up-to-date and properly maintained
• Quality check completed jobs • Ensure that all the necessary shop equipment is in proper working condition
• Ensure that customer inconveniences, complaints and misunderstandings are dealt with fairly and quickly
• Ensure that proper service sales techniques are being used
• Meet with the managers once a month to review current service department performance, set future performance objectives, promotional activities or any other matters
• Communicate with customers before issues arise and get involved in escalated customer issues
• Maintain accurate records and insure warranty parts retention as outlined, following all manufacturer requirements as outlined in manufacturer and company policy and procedures manuals
• Maintain the highest possible standards of workmanship, advise technicians of service CSI on a monthly basis
• Serve as liaison with factory representatives in the absence of the managers
• Establish and maintain a good working relationship with customers to encourage repeat referral business
• Monitor staffing levels, compensation levels and department turnover
• Assure proper repair order flow to satisfy warranty/dealership/business office requirements
• Maintain reporting systems required by the manager, company and manufacturer
• Direct and schedule the activates of all department associates • Hire, train, motivate, counsel and monitor the performance of all service department staff
• Understand and comply with federal, state and local regulations that affect service and parts operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA right-to-know act, ect…
• Assist in development of annual service budget for use in connection with annual sales forecast
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Five+ years of experience in an auto repair facility
• Two plus years of supervisory experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient knowledge of dealership computer systems
• Must have a valid driver’s license • Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Previous industry knowledge of overall operations, management and wholesale relations we are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
• Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay.
• Great compensation
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org